Monday, November 3, 2014

          Dance/Movement Therapist

Duties and responsibilities: A dance therapist uses the act of dancing to heal a person from its mind and body. Dance therapy relies in the fact that state of mind can affect your overall health. In order for a person to correct its order of physical and emotional ailments the physical therapist releases stress and promotes self esteem.

Salary: $38,000-$47,000

Education: You need a graduate degree at least a master’s one. It would be better if u have a degree in behavioral science, psychology or anything that involves dance or performing arts. In some masters programs they are required to do two to three years of study. It may also require sixty to sixty two credit hours. You also have to get a license from the American dance therapy association.

Add a picture:


Reflection: Do you think you would like to be one?
I think that I wouldn't want to become a movement therapist. One of the reasons why I wouldn't want to become one is because I don’t think that I would get the job. I don’t know how the dance at all and I don’t think that I would want to dance or perform for a living. I am more interested in getting a career that is more into the medical things like a doctor or a nurse.


No comments:

Post a Comment